While taking a break from post-graduation reality TV marathons, joblessness, and torrential downpours, I attempted to engage in a bit of good Old Master Venetian paintings, or "culture," as they call it up in The Ivory Tower (which I always thought was a nice way of saying 'elitist white people who go to Ivy League schools').Gauche things to do in an art museum:
1. Taking pictures of the paintings with your iPhone camera, without looking up at the actual canvases.
2. Examining an authentic Tintoretto tableau and asking in a skeptical tone: "Is that the real thing? It's a lot smaller than the poster."
3. Twittering.
4. Pointing at a Titian painting of Venus and commenting: "Her breasts don't look real."



2 comments:
To be fair, her breasts DON'T look real. My mother always said, when I'm having mine done, they are going to look like that. True story.
her breasts are so not real!!!
check out my blog
http://preppygoesrock.blogspot.com/
http://preppygoesrock.blogspot.com/
http://preppygoesrock.blogspot.com/
Post a Comment